Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I wish I was the real Santa...

Picture
It seems as if life, love and questions are bursting from me without effort. This is not a singular path, with a foreseeable destination. It feels like an explosion of experience.

I will confess to having not kept up with any current predictions or astrological forecasts; aware only that the winter solstice and equinox are fast approaching. It is now, that is what I can count on. And that is complete and enough.

I have had my share of loss, and today I am witnessing yet more. I do not know the reasons for it all... I speak and write about the necessity of self love and the ability to maintain a state of pure love in the midst of great pain. How is this done?

I recall a decade ago, facing a tragic, unexpected and unexplainable loss. I spent many many days wondering how the sun could rise? Did not it know that my world had ended? And yet, it rose anyway.

It rose again today. Someone very dear to me sent me this:
Click here
I responded: “I wish I was the real Santa.”

I have no snappy sayings or helpful quotes today. Life goes on, choices are made and accidents happen. It isn't always pretty or fun or in our plans. Yet the sun comes up regardless. Perhaps the lesson is found there. The sun has been called the giver of life. This life, the one this body is living, is not a guarantee of anything permanent. It is merely an opportunity. It is upon us to take full advantage of it.

“if you really want to know what the body looks like, look up into the evening sky and see the stars, cells of cosmic energy scattered in the infinite vacuum of the dark night sky. If you really want to know what the body sounds like, listen to the waves and the wind for the energy they carry. If you really want to know what the body's energy feels like, be aware of a gentle breeze caressing your cheek and sense the information carried in the molecules breathed in and out by every person and thing that has ever lived.”
Paul Pearsall, “The Heart's code”

Listening to this today moved me to tears:
Click here
It is the work of Stuart Mitchell, using the translations of geneticist Susumu Ohno. He transposed adenine, guanine, cytosine and thymine (the four nucleotides on the strands of dna) to musical notes. Hearing it caused waves of excitement throughout my entire being. It was not just my ears that were engaged, it felt like my soul heard it too. Who we are is musical, rhythmic and beautiful.

We are one. Perhaps what we can count on is that we have never been alone and we never will be. Regardless of how many leave too early and seemingly against our wishes, there will always be love. In the decade since I lost my loved one, I have gone on to love still. That phone call carrying the news of great loss was not the death blow I had imagined it to be. It has changed everything, yes, yet it did not stop my heart from loving. If anything, it accelerated my awakening. Love is more than I had imagined.

If I was the real Santa I would give everyone enough love to hold them together; with just enough extra to spill out the top. Then, I’d catch what spilled out and give it again...

In the next several days, watch for an email (with a gift!) as I am starting an email list. If you don't receive something and would like to, sign up here. If you get one, and don't want to, you can unsubscribe with one click.

The first week of the new year starts “the hundredth monkey project”. There is one spot left for January, so if you are up for some “monkey business”, sign up here!

I wish you the most blessed of holidays...

You are the One you've been waiting for.

~Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment