Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Party with God

Last night I spent an evening with God.  We chatted until early this morning.  Hard to believe, I know.  Yet I can tell you with certainty what God looks like.  I held him, laughed with him, hugged her and had a drink with her.  He cried, she showed me her quilt, he played for me his latest song, and he made dinner with me.  He said “I love you”, she told me a secret, he looked in my eyes and I heard him.  My house was full of God and long after the leaving, I was whispered to for several more hours.  In my next blog, I’ll share those whispers with you.

For now just contemplate the word God.  It sounds hierarchal.  Perhaps you find me presumptuous to make such a claim.  I mean, who has a party with God?  I do, every moment of my life.  What we’ve begun to call eternal heart, eternal essence, bits of source or eternal essence embodied is another way to claim godhood.

We are One.  We spring from Source.  We are eternal essence in physical form.  How do we speak of our Unity, our Oneness, our sacred selves without addressing the “G-word”?  It carries too much baggage to be productive or helpful to our awakening.

In order to accept the truth of our eternal selves, it becomes necessary that we lose the attachment to anything with power over us.  We must let go of ideas that there are right and wrong ways to express ourselves.  Life is an expression of eternal essence and looks upon itself without judgment.              

We are that life –ONE – walking around in human form – trying desperately to make sense of it all. 

Yesterday I spoke to God. It occurs to me that we need some new words so I can tell you about it in a way that you can hear me.  Hear me without saying I blaspheme or hallucinate.  I AM God.  And so ARE YOU. 

What are you waiting for?  You are the One.

No comments:

Post a Comment